Guidelines for Donation Requests
Schnucks is greatly involved in the community primarily through our support of major organizations such as the United Way and St. Louis Variety, the Children's Charity. We are also in strong partnership all year 'round with key hunger relief organizations, like Operation Food Search in St. Louis to help feed our neighbors in need.
If your group is a 501(c)3, not-for-profit organization, please check to see if you qualify to receive funds through participation in our eScrip Community Card Program
. This program is the best way for us to provide community assistance in partnership with you!
In addition to these major efforts, we also try to modestly assist on a grass-roots level whenever possible. Although our resources are limited, we try our best to help as many groups as possible. To submit a request, please click on the "Register" button at the top of this page, enter your email address and follow the instructions on-screen.
Due to the high volume of requests we receive each week, we must have advanced notice of at least four weeks prior in order to have time for consideration.
All requests must include the following:
- An overview of the organization and its purpose
- A detailed explanation of the proposed project, event, or need, including key dates
- A specific description of the donation or support desired
- Proof of the organization's 501(c)(3) not-for-profit tax exempt status
Please note: Due to limited resources and the very large numbers of requests we receive, we are generally unable to support the following:
- Requests for cash support (Our donations are typically in-kind rather than financial)
- Capital campaigns
- Golf tournaments
- Individual Assistance or Fundraisers for Individuals (We are only able to support qualified agencies that, in turn, provide assistance to individuals and families.)
- Third Parties (Because we directly support many not-for-profit organizations, we are unable to also provide resources for others who are raising money for these same organizations.)
- Seminars and conferences
- Employee recognition/appreciation events
- Governmental agencies that are supported by city, state, or federal tax dollars